When children can make connections between the food they eat and where it comes from, they are more likely to make healthier choices for the rest of their lives.
Georgia Organics’ Farm to School program empowers educators, school administrators, school nutrition staff, parents, and more to help students make connections to local food and make healthy choices by providing resources and training.
Our team works closely with school district leaders, agriculture experts, state agencies, and grassroots partners to implement farm to school in schools across Georgia, now reaching over 1 million kids from every region and background. Join us!
How you can get involved:
- Register for for the 20th Anniversary Georgia Organics Conference. Come learn what progress has been made in Farm to School across the state and how you can get involved to make a difference. Note: We have an entire track dedicated to Farm to School here.
- Become a Sustaining Member at $7.50 per month and get 30% discount on your registration here.
- Sign up for the eBite to get monthly updates from our Farm to School team, including information about grant opportunities, farm to school workshops, and the 2017 Farm to School Summit in October.
- Find resources and tools to get started at GeorgiaOrganics.org.
- Learn more about the benefits of farm to school programs here.